Thursday, 19 August 2010

Obligatory Intro Post

Okay. So, blog. Months and months after saying I'd start a failblog, here it is. I haven't procrastinated this much over something since A2 coursework, which seems like a lifetime ago. Why I've put this off for so long, I don't even know. It's not like anyone's forcing me to do it - despite the constant badgering some have given me. Maybe it's because I haven't really written anything significantly longer than a couple of paragraphs in well over a year. Well, nothing that wasn't to do with turbines or wind generators or how the estimators grossly underestimated the cost of a job. Wow, these past few months have been exciting. I think it's a combination of that and the fact I abhor writing about myself. It's why my PS took months to write and my UCAS application was sent off an hour before the deadline, but I'll try to be much better with this. I think I'll be fine if I make the bulk of these posts about the ridiculousness of my life, rather than anything especially deep about me. Although, aside from a chain of stupidity and some encounters with strange men, I'm not sure I have much to write about, anyway. I am clearly a person of much substance.

I'm also not entirely sure how to write these posts. How formal are they meant to be? Despite the fact I'm about 5 years too late jumping on the blog bandwagon, I have a little blogging experience. Well, I say blogging experience, I mean an online jotter of sorts that I use to chronicle any especially vitriolic bursts of insanity. I doubt many people could decipher those, so this isn't quite the same. I'll probably end up typing these posts in the same way I speak, so yeah, this may also be fairly incoherent. Then again, I doubt you'll be reading this if you don't know me, so you should be used to it by now. In fact, a story told in even an exaggerated number of paragraphs will probably be more concise than hearing it from me orally, so you may actually be at an advantage.

So yes, I'm going to use this to bridge the gap between psycho blog and a more intellectual blog I hope to start soon on a whole host of provocative political issues. I need to work my way up to the level of self-importance required to delude myself into thinking anyone would be interested in reading anything I have to say on stuff like that, though, so it will be a long time coming.

Anyway, I suppose I've rambled enough for the introduction. As I'm sure you can probably tell, this blog will not be witty or all that interesting, but if you enjoy laughing at the misfortune of others, and if I haven't already scared you off, keep reading by all means.

I might write another post about an actual event now, or I might get into bed and catch up on the episodes of Neighbours I've missed. The suspense has me on tenterhooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment